***School Calendar Changes***
Make-Up of Closure Days Due to Inclement Weather During the 2016-2017 School Year
(Approved by the Silver Falls School District Board)
Objectives of this plan
- Make-up of missed student instructional hours.
- Minimize calendar disruption to students, families and staff members.
- Preserve time for PLC efforts and professional development of all staff members.
- Provide options for make-up of additional closure days due to inclement weather during the remainder of the school year, if needed.
All-district closure dates (so far)
December 8, 2016
December 15, 2016
December 16, 2016
January 11, 2017
- Convert hours of remaining six designated PLC dates (Early Release days) to student instructional time. (January 30, February 13, February 27, April 3, April 24, May 22). This conversion results in 12 hours (approx. 2 days) of added-back student instructional time.
- March 13 – Convert Parent/Teacher Conference Day to regular student contact day.
So to summarize, we will have no further Early Release days in the Silver Falls District this year. School will dismiss at the regular time each day. Parent/Teacher conferences will not take place on Monday, March 13. This will be a regular school day. Please call the school office if you have any questions about these calendar changes.